Statement on fire incident at Valentines Mansion

25 May

Redbridge Council has issued the following statement after the Fire Brigade were called to Valentines Mansion earlier today:

The Council can confirm there was an incident at Valentines Mansion this morning in which the Fire Brigade were called. At this time it is suspected that the Mansion’s boiler overheated leading to smoke building up in the basement of the building. The Fire Brigade was alerted and the Mansion was evacuated for a short period as per normal fire safety procedures.

Fire crews ventilated the basement and checked the boiler flue for any hotspots which were subsequently extinguished. There are no injuries and we have not discovered any damage to the building.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *